It's been a minute since I have done a Meme . . .
I copped this one at The Music Memoirs:
THE RULES: 10 songs that sum up your weekend . . . or were on your weekend playlist . . . and one picture that relates back. (Oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did.)
01. "Basketball" -- Kurtis Blow (The East won!)
02. "Bye" -- J Dilla (Rest In Peace!)
03. "So Sick" -- Ne-Yo (I'm not sick, but I am sick of this damn song)
04. "The Chosen One" -- Jaheim (I'm writing a profile on him)
05. "Dead Presidents" -- Jay-Z (Happy Dead Presidents Day!)
06. "Cold, Cold World" -- Carl Thomas (It's freezing up here in the Northeast!)
07. "What You Know" -- T.I. (T.I.'s new track/video is straight bangin'! Holla at me pimpin'!)
08. "Clockwork" -- Julez Santana (I gotta make this money!)
09. "Bills, Bills, Bills" -- Destiny's Child (So I can paid this heat bill, dammit!)
10. "So Lady" -- Mary J. Blige (I like to give a shout-out to all of my fine female readers out there! Holla at 'cha boy!)
And finally, I copped this one from Dragonflypurity:
Four Jobs I've Had:
01. I worked at McDonald's for four years. I actually worked my way up to Crew Chief and almost became a shift manager (the guys that were the blue uniforms).Four Movies I Can Watch Over And Over:
02. I was also a line cook at an Italian restuarant for five years. I was almost promoted to Sous Chef until I decided to switch careers and become a journalist.
03. Music editor for a rap indie magazine called Beat-Down magazine for three years. This is where I met current Vibe Editrix/ multi-tasking journalist-author/ hip-hop intellectual/ blog vixen/techie and overall down-ass chick Lynne d Johnson. I could also name-drop a couple of well-known journalists that I have given birth to during my tenure at the mag -- but I won't get into all of that.
04. Now, I'm a senior editor/online content provider for a big radio company (no, it's not Clear Channel).
01. GoodfellasFour Places I've Lived:
02. The Godfather I and II
03. Cooley High
04. Hustle & Flow -- It's a great movie. I've been watching this flick on DVD a lot lately. Whoop that trick!
1 through 4 -- New JerseyFour TV Shows I Love:
01. Chappelle's Show -- They are still showing episodes on Comedy Central!Four Places I've Vacationed:
02. BET's UnCut -- Yeah, whatever. Hate it or love it.
03. The Shield -- the best cop show on television right now.
04. VH1's Flavor of Love -- Flaaavooor Flaaav!
01. FloridaFour Of My Favorite Dishes:
02. North Carolina (Go figured?)
03. Minne-Apple (Thank you Angelique!)
01. Scrambled eggs and pancakes.Four Sites I Visit Daily:
02. My moms chili. Hot damn!
03. My famous turkey salad with corn, string beans, shredded carrots, mixed greens and croutons.
04. Anything homemade that my moms makes -- "colla" greens, cornbread, cabbage, rice and beans, etc.
01. Yahoo! Entertainment -- I gotta know what's going on with the celebrities.Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
02. Beats and Rants -- You know how I do . . .
03. Google (search engine, news)
04. Several sites listed on my blogroll
01. In bed, sleeping my ass off.**Bonus: Your Four Role Models
02. On a plane heading to a tropical warm island.
03. In bed, sleeping my ass off.
04. In Minneapolis -- with a big fur coat on. BRRR!
01. My MomsFour Bloggers I Am Tagging:
02. John Coltrane -- His life story inspires me.
03. My ancestors -- Seven years ago, I was fortunate enough to do some genelogical research on my ancestoral ties all the way back to Africa. Great Grandma and Great Granddad were major movers and shakers back in the days.
04. Me. Fuck it, I'm the shit. (LOL! I sound like Kanye West.)
2. A blogger named You
3. And You
4. Oh . . . and You, too!